In April 2019, Cal-West Rain finished construction on a new 8,800 sq. ft office for our headquarters in Kerman, CA. This is a major investment for our company and the first step to upgrading all the facilities at the Kerman location. After years of patchwork additions dating back to 1989, this initiative will provide totally new facilities in key areas of our business:
- Office Building – Completed and opened in April 2019
- Welding/Mechanics Shop – Completed April 2019
- Machine Shop – Scheduled completion late 2019
- Assembly Area – Scheduled completion late 2019
- Parts Warehouse – Scheduled completion late 2019
- Vehicle Maintenance Area (pump rigs, cranes, service trucks) – Scheduled completion late 2019
The old front office and four (4) portable buildings have been replaced by a new office building for sales, design, monitoring/automation, accounting, and management staff. The new building includes a new phone system and facilities designed to improve collaboration across departments, as well as areas for customer meetings and employee training.
Once completed in late 2019, the new facilities in Kerman will provide over 22,000 sq. ft. of enclosed/covered workspace, plus new equipment including a lathe (machine shop), pump testing equipment, parts warehouse shelving, and more. Additionally, these facility upgrades will provide:
- Increased capacity for future growth
- Improved shop efficiency, productivity and safety
- Added resources for our irrigation monitoring/automation business
- Expanded parts inventory on high demand and specialty items
- Increased yard capacity for equipment and inventory
During the ongoing construction, we’ll remain open during normal business hours (M-F 7:00-5:00, Sat: 7:00 to Noon). We want to thank our loyal customers and employees for their patience and cooperation during the construction of the “New” Cal-West Rain in Kerman. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us in Kerman, Paso Robles or Hanford.